Tuesday 15 January 2019

My 1 ab story - averse to zero size

I have given up. I just can't do it. I have started developing aversion to zero size. I am better off with 1 ab. Not keen in developing 6 abs.

I decided to shed few pounds. I did lots of homework by reading about weight loss on internet and newspapers. I chalked out meal plan for the whole week. I bought groceries, food suppliments and super food in advance and stored them safely. What I forgot was that week had a festival day! Once I did keto diet and very next day I did cheat diet. Whenever I work hard on my diet and reduce few kgs.of weight for straight two weeks some get together or kitty party or potluck happens in my life and I get hunger pangs.

There are various types of diets one can include in their meal plan.
- The Mediterranean diet says you on high consumption of olive oil, cereals, fruits, and vegetables, some cheese and yogurt. Mexican diet asks you to eat corn, beans, squashes, amaranth, chia, avocados, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, brown or red rice. The keto diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet which asks you to eat vegetable oil, butter, cream, meat or eggs, low-carbohydrate fruits and vegetables which exclude bananas, potatoes, peas, corn etc.

- Other types of diets are eating only raw fruits, plant-based diet, vegan diet which excludes consumption of dairy products or eggs, crash diet, high protein diet, eating only low calorie cookies, cabbage soup diet, detox diet in the form of drinking only fruit and vegetable juices, liquid diet, alkaline diet, diabetic diet, gluten-free diet, monotrophic diet that involves eating only one food item or one type of food for a period of time, high fiber diet, eating only raw food or organic food.

These articles put me into confusion whether to eat peas or not, whether to consume potato or not, whether to eat corn or not. Today they say coconut oil is best. Tomorrow they reserach rice bran oil controls cholesterol. Again age old method of eating seeds(pumpkin, sunflower, flax, chia) is picking up momentum. Cauliflower rice blows your mind. Vegetables like zucchini, avocados, broccoli, kale, brussels, lettuce are finding places in Indian market. Unpolished or Basmati rice have low glycemic index but are costly.

I was attracted to few weight reduction programs which advertise about superfood diet saying they provide health benefits and increase nutritional value through Apple cider vinegar, blueberries, Chia and hemp seeds, moong dal cheela, sprouts cheela etc. But later realized the term 'superfood' is used as a marketing tool.

Recently one of the bollywood actress tweeted on taking down a newspaper for bodyshaming her and she mentioned not to spread lies as one may be suffering from health issues and illness. We are more influenced by celebrities and their lifestyle and assume we can consider them as rollmodels. But what we miss to notice that they would be on liquid or low calorie diet and 6-8 hours workouts to sustain in the showbiz.

I assert myself to include all sort of fruits, nuts, seeds, green leaves, vegetables, eggs, dairy products, oil, spices, millets, red/brown rice instead white rice in my 3 meal and do a balanced diet through them to maintain a good health.

Else I will hold responsible my genes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment